cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Driver for ZR900 mini DV camera

padonr
Apprentice

I've gone through multiple cameras trying to transfer old DV tapes to my computer. This is my last try. The computer (windows 10) does not recognize the camera, and I'm thinking I'm lacking a driver, as the camera works, and I've tried both AV and DV connections. This is my last chance as I've been trying for months now. I've searched online and there's nothing out there. Does anyone out there have the driver?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

padonr
Apprentice

Thank you all for your help -I found a single AV to double AV connection and it worked great!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

You'll want to use the DV terminal on the camera and connect it to a Firewire card on your PC.  

zr900-930nim-en.pdf (c-wss.com)

This is a good one.  It includes a cable too.

shadowsports_0-1693605329850.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I have a Microsoft Surface, so unfortunately I don't think I can use this solution.

@padonr wrote:

I have a Microsoft Surface, so unfortunately I don't think I can use this solution.

Maybe not this particular solution, but there are similar options for laptops via USB (A or C). Something like a Dazzle capture card.

Newton

Anonymous
Not applicable

There are services that will do the transfer for you. See this link for example:

https://kodakdigitizing.com/pages/how-it-works 

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Without a simple way to add a capture card, Bob's (5DIV) suggestion is probably best.  Just pay to have the tapes converted. You'll save both time and money with this route. The dazzle option is ok, but only if you use the S-Video.  The ZR900 does not have this output.  The analog connections won't yield as good of a picture.  DV is preferred.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

padonr
Apprentice

Thank you all for your help -I found a single AV to double AV connection and it worked great!

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Hi Padonr,

Glad you figured it out.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

click here to view the gallery
Announcements