cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Driver for Vixia HF R82 to work in MacOS Catalina

erikast
Apprentice

Is anyone being able to find a drive to make Vixia series to work with MacOs Catalina?

3 REPLIES 3

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

It appears that the software that came with the camcorder may only run on older operating systems.

What happens if you connect the camcorder directly to your Mac with the USB cable?  Does any "drive" show up on your desktop?  If so, you should be able to copy the files from that drive to your computer.

Or, if your Mac has an SD card slot, pick up an SDXC card if you don't have one already and refer to page 125 of the User Manual  to copy your footage from the built-in memory to the SD card.  Your Mac should then be able to access the footage from the SD card.

If your Mac lacks an SD card slot, there are USB-SD readers you could purchase.

If you do manage to copy the files to your computer, hopefully at least QuickTime player would be able to open them.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

erikast
Apprentice
Right now I can only use the SD card option. I just need to copy everything twice. The USB port is not recognized. No Drive appears, even if I try to mount it. With the SD card I can open in Movies. It is more inconvenient though

Hi Erikast,

There was a problem with the DSLR cameras and Mac OS X 10.15.2 Catalina which prevented reliable USB connection, but form what I have seen this issue is resolved with the Mac OS X 10.15.3 update. Once you are using 10.15.3 I believe you may be able to access and import the files using Mac's program called Image Capture.

Announcements