cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comica mic on Canon HF-G40

Manny754
Apprentice

Hello, my HF G40 sends out a evenly spaced audio beep when I connect my COMICA external microphone. What should I do? Get another microphone or configuring the camera?
Thanks for any help at all.

2 REPLIES 2

IamintheUK
Rising Star
Rising Star

As far as I can tell, Comica mics are powered from the device they are connected to and do not have a battery on board. The G40 manual states on page 79 that to use a non Canon external mic, the mic needs to be self powered, ie it has its own internal battery.

I suspect this is the cause. So you will need to purchase a self powered mic. There are quite a few available.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
EOS C100 mk2 with the Canon EF-S 18-135mm IS STM lens - Atomos Ninja 2 - Zoom H2n - Dell 8700 i7-4790 3.6Ghz, 24GB Ram, Win 10, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB - DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.6.5 - Blackmagic Speed Editor - Presonus Faderport 1

Thank You for your suggestions.

I check the camera manual and got a way to make it work with the Comica self powered microphone to avoid the wind noises while outside. The next step is to connect the TASCAM DR-05.

Thanks again

Manuel Martins

Announcements