cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Legria HF G10 uneven exposure

jan_canon3
Apprentice

hello.

i have been using your camcorder canon HF G10 for some time, i have noticed one big issue which bothers me a lot.

When recording at full automatic, the exposure is very uneven, the aperture is closing and opening very quickly and unpredictable. I shoot from hand. I also have to say, in the studio there are white walls. I am using artifical flourescent lighting.

I had another camcorder from sony, the same studio, the same lighting conditions, i have not experienced this exposure issue with sony. In other words, as I move with the camcorder toward the subject ( the subject is located in front of white background), the subject gets darker, when I step back a little, it gets brighter, and so on... the exposure behaves very unpredictable... I was wondering if there is any way how to avoid this problem, if aperture priority or shutter priority mode could help, or whatever... this whole thing is very frustrating, because parts of the video are exposed properly another parts underexposured .... thinking to switch to sony, but i like canon image processors, so i would like to stick with canon eventually... please advice. thank you

0 REPLIES 0
Announcements