cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Camcorders that play Std 8, Hi8 and Digital8 videos

Spectrum
Apprentice

I am looking for a list of camcorders that play all three types of 8mm video tapes. We are a nonprofit helping young adults on the Autism Spectrum gain skills and are in need of these cameras to digitize 8mm videos.

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings, 

If you are just looking for a list of devices, I would contact Canon sales.  They can probably help with a listing of older products that support these formats.  If you are looking to purchase, it would have to be used.  This is super old tech.  Canon does not sell anything which supports tape any longer.

Canon does have programs which support educational and non-profit endeavors.  Contact sales and see what they have to say.  I believe there is an application process.  Worth investigating.  

Contact Us | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Blueberry_Lover
Enthusiast

Have a look at this link for Canon analogue camcorders and this link for Canon digital camcorders. Click on a camera of interest and then click on Specifications tab for details. You may need to search online for the manual for a specific model.

Note, in general:

D8 camcorders will play Hi8 and Video8 tapes.

Hi8 camcorders will play Video8 tapes.

Video8 camcorders will only play Video8 tapes.

- Pie Lover

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements