cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't import video clips using Transfer Utility LE

magnolia
Apprentice

I'm experimenting with my new VIXIA HF R50 camcorder.  Having trouble getting the scenes onto my computer.  Is it necessary to use Transfer Utility LE with this camcorder, or can I import them using my video editing software - Studio 16 Ultimate?  I tried the latter, and it hasn't worked yet, but then nothing is working.

5 REPLIES 5

Crista
Whiz

Hi magnolia!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what operating system (Windows Vista/7/8 or Mac OS 10.X) you are using. That way, community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team.

Thanks!

I'm using Windows 7 and Pinnacle Studio 16 Ultimate video editing. 

I see that my videos are on the memory card when inserted in my laptop.  Using Windows 7.  What next?

Hello Magnolia!

When saving movies on a computer, you can use Transfer Utility LE for AVCHD movies and ImageBrowser EX for MP4 movies.

Saving AVCHD Movies

With Transfer Utility LE, you can save to your computer the scenes you have recorded. Download the software and install it before you connect the camcorder to the computer for the first time.

1. Power the camcorder using the compact power adapter.

2. Camcorder: Press < > to set the camcorder to Playback mode.

3. Camcorder: Open the desired index screen for AVCHD movies.

4. Connect the camcorder to the computer using the supplied USB cable.

NOTE : Camcorder: When the [Select the memory for connection] message appears, touch [All (for PC only)].

5. Computer: Double-click the icon shown below to open the software Transfer Utility LE.

6. Use Transfer Utility LE to save your AVCHD movies.

Saving MP4 Movies and Photos

When saving MP4 movies to a computer for the first time, it is necessary to install theImageBrowser EX software..

1. Power the camcorder using the compact power adapter.

2. Camcorder: Press < > to set the camcorder to Playback mode.

3. Camcorder: Open the [Movie Playback] index screen for MP4 movies or [Photo Playback] index screen.

4. Connect the camcorder to the computer using the supplied USB cable.

5. Computer: Start CameraWindow.

6. Computer: Save the desired MP4 movies or photos to the computer.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Or try to convet them to other format in case this ultility failed. Try Handbrake ffmpeg some free converters. But the quality degradation must be encountered

Announcements