cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can HF-G30 be connected to android devices via USB?

shagamus
Apprentice

I have been trying to connect my Vixia HF-G30 to my Galaxy S7 and Galaxy Tab E tablet via the usb port of those devices, and when the camera connects, I get and error message on both saying that the camera usb connection is corrupt. I've tried Canon's support, but the person I spoke to said he had never heard of this problem, and wondered why I was trying to do this anyway. I can connect external hard disk drives to the phone and table via usb, and not sure how this is anything but a simple file transfer problem. Anyone seen this before?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Shagamus, 

Under normal circumstances it shouldn't be necessary to uncompress a file in this manner.  We don't support any applications at the current time that do what you are wanting to do.  We regret any inconvenience that this may cause you at this time. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Tim
Authority

Hello shagamus, 

The VIXIA HF G30 isn't; means to connect to the tablets via USB connection.  We regret any inconvenience that this may cause you at this time. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Having given up on that, I have been able to transfer files to my android phone by using the sd card with a card reader. This seems to work, but I haven't figured out how to view the video. There are a number of directories and files on the chip, but it is not clear which is the video file. I understand that the camera compresses the video file, which needs to be uncompressed before it will work. Should I make another post on this subject or can you weigh in here?

Shagamus, 

Under normal circumstances it shouldn't be necessary to uncompress a file in this manner.  We don't support any applications at the current time that do what you are wanting to do.  We regret any inconvenience that this may cause you at this time. 

Announcements