cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4 Questions re Date/Time Stamps Involving Canon Video Camera Series ZR70-ZR950

TruthandJustice
Apprentice

1) Regarding date/time stamping, do these video cameras allow the camera person to choose whether to permanently burn/embed the date/time stamp of the original recording into the mini DVC tape footage, or chose instead to embed the date/time stamp into mini DVC tapes using an invisible 'metadata-style' date/time stamp? Or, do they only allow for a metadata type date/time stamp, period, and no choice about it?

2) Then, if the camera person records in the metadata-style date-stamping mode, does that then allow the editor of the original DVC tape footage to replace the original 'metadata type date stamp' with their own 'new' metadata-type date/time stamp, to allow them to then produce a whole new mini DVC tape with their own new (chosen and editor preferred) date/time stamp on it?

3) Whoever answers these questions, please advise your name, title, and other contact info.

4) If it is Canon policy not to officially answer these question in this forum, or not to supply identity/ contact info of person answering the questions, then, please advise identity/contact info of person at Canon who may be able to help further. I am an attorney with a case involving video, and need help getting to the truth of what we believe has occurred. Thank you.   Yours truly, TruthandJustice

1 REPLY 1

Wendy
Apprentice
  • Did you ever get a response to your questions?  I am in need of the same things you are looking for, and I am having a very difficult time finding anything.

Thanks, Wendy

Announcements