cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vixia HF R72 Instruction Manual

SallyW
Apprentice

I just purchased the R72 and other than basic set up there are no instructions included with it. Is there a link to where I can go to down load the manual?

I am trying to move video files off the camera on to my desktop and after hooking it up, usb cable to the desktop, nothing is showing up on the desktop and the screen on the camera doesn't change from the initial start screen.

Thank you!

9 REPLIES 9

blekenbleu
Contributor

Someone at Canon should be very ashamed for releasing an updated camcorder witn no documentation in their website support page.  Meanwhile, Canon will likely have made few changes from the R62 to R72;  that manual should be helpful: https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/camcorders/consumer/vixia/vixia-hf...

@blekenbleu wrote:

Someone at Canon should be very ashamed for releasing an updated camcorder witn no documentation in their website support page.  Meanwhile, Canon will likely have made few changes from the R62 to R72;  that manual should be helpful: https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/camcorders/consumer/vixia/vixia-hf...

Canon Vixia HF R72 Product Support Page

Be sure to click "Manuals" on the upper row of tabs, and "Guides and Manuals" on the lower

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Whoops, my bad for not figuring out that two tabs needed clicking; their bad for requiring two.

SallyW
Apprentice

Thank you both SO much. I really WANT to like this camera, I had huge expectations from the little thing, but the frustration level of trying to blindly run it was getting very high.

I wonder why they don't include instruction manuals with the products anymore.

Thank you both again.

"I wonder why they don't include instruction manuals with the products anymore"

* Surprisingly expensive to print and keep up to date in multiple languages

* Many folks never read

* Many folks misplace

Good points. Thank you.

*someone who needs & reads the manuals*  Smiley Happy

deborahbw
Contributor

Can anybody show me where in the manual I can go - that I have thus far missed - that will instruct me on how to move mp4 files recorded to internal memory to either my Mac (first choice) or onto an SD card? I need to clear out the internal memory but don't want to lose that video. Sad that without a manual I just blindly chose to record to internal memory in mp4 format as opposed to the other format. Don't make that same mistake!

Abustamante
Apprentice
I record to internal memory then to an SD card. Next to the slot where the SD card goes into is a play button. Click the button and it will open the files where your videos are. Then choose EDIT. Choose COPY TO SD, selection. Choose SELECT. Then check mark the video clips you want to move to the SD CARD.

Thanks so much! I think this might be the answer I've been looking for!

Announcements