cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a VIXIA HF R400 and I love it but I cannot find where the wireless controls are?

bgutzman
Apprentice

Were are the wireless controls on the VIXIA HF R400? The manua says what they do but not clear instructions on how to access it.

3 REPLIES 3

Mykolas
Authority

Hi bgutzman!

Using the CameraAccess app for iOS devices and Android smartphones, you can control the camcorder from a distance while you view the camcorder's image on the smartphone's screen.  Not only can you control the camcorder to start and stop recording, you can also record the camcorder's image directly onto your smartphone.  The CameraAccess app can be downloaded from either the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store.  When this has been done:

1)  Set the camcorder to receive remote control commands in the menu.
2)  Activate WiFi on the settings screen.
3)  Touch the access point with the same SSID as the one you saw earlier when you set the camcorder for remote control.
4)  Enter the password.
5)  Start the CameraAccess app.

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

VanillaMozilla
Contributor
Er, the R400 doesn't have wireless. The manual also covers a bunch of other models that do have wireless.

Hi VanillaMozilla!

Thank you for posting!

I apologize for the confusion here.  You are correct.  The VIXIA HF R400 does not support WiFi.  However, the manual for the HF R400 is also the manual for the HF R40 and HF R42, both of which do support WiFi.

Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements