cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pixma tr4522 wireless issues

wlr5760
Apprentice

My nw tr4522 printer worked fine after installing it and setting it on our wifi. That lasted for about 2 days then today I went to print some documents off my email and got an error that the "printer was not responding". I tried several times to set it up on the wifi again with no luck. I tried reinstalling the software with the same result. I even tried using the usb cable directly to my desk top. Same error. It doesnt give an error code, just the printer is not responding. Is this an issue with this model of printer? I noticed that someone else had simular issues.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

wlr5760
Apprentice
Windows 10os. I found a cannon net work utility. I set it up and it fixed the network problem. It looks like when my wife prints from her android phone that causes the problem.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

What version of Windows or Mac OSX is on your computer?

Also, lets check the current connection status of the printer.  Please go to the printer and perform the following:

1.  Load two sheets of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper in the printer.
2.  Press the Setup button on the printer. (Button with tools on it.)
3.  Select Device Settings, then press OK.
4.  Select LAN Settings, then press OK.
5.  Select Print LAN details, then press OK.

When the sheets print, please tell us the following:

Line 3-2-1 - Signal Strength
Line 3-2-6 - Is this the EXACT same network that your computer is connected to?  No differences in the name at all?
Line 3-2-12 - IP Address
Line 3-2-14 - Default Gateway

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I messed up my setup of my TR4522. I turned the power off thinking it did not, How can I go back to initial startup?

I forgot to add I messed up the wireless set up of my TR4522 or windows, i need to go back to the start and setup again.I turned my power off, thinking it would reset and I was wrong.

I have the TR4522 Canon Pixma printer. When hard wired into my laptop, it prints but I couldn't get the full software install to complete from the website. Not sure what that was about.  I'm running Windows 10 home upgraded/downgraded from S.

It shows connected to the wifi from the printer display window but it won't print from wifi. I configured ports to set up a Standard TCP/IP Port using the IP address which results in a default error without providing an error code. I also made sure that the "use printer offline" was unchecked, which was the original issue. The printer names are different depending on wired or wifi connection to keep them straight.

I printed the network configuration page from the printer and got the following:

Signal strength  83%

Network name the same

IP address is the IP address I used in the port configuration for the wifi printer

Default Gateway ends with 1.1

My printer is still not working for wifi printing. This printer model has the built in Fax and scanning capability. I would sure appreciate any help.

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi KJ1,

Please contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives via phone or chat. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

https://mycanon.usa.canon.com

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

wlr5760
Apprentice
Windows 10os. I found a cannon net work utility. I set it up and it fixed the network problem. It looks like when my wife prints from her android phone that causes the problem.
Announcements