01-14-2015 09:42 AM
I am using a HP laptop. Just upgraded to windows 8.1. Now I get this message 'another computer is using the printer' I have a PIXMA MG5420. I am connected wireless. Please help.
Solved! Go to Solution.
01-21-2015 02:10 AM
Reinstalling the printer drivers on your computer may resolve the issue you are experiencing. Before reinstalling, please restart your computer and the printer. Once restarted, please click here to go to the Drivers and Software page for the PIXMA MG5420. Once on the initial download page for your model, please do the following:
1. Verify that the operating system detected in the "OPERATING SYSTEM" drop-down menu is correct, and if it is not, please click the drop-down menu to select your operating system.
2. Next, please click on the red arrow next to the "DRIVERS" section and click the MINI MASTER SETUP file. When you do, a red DOWNLOAD button will appear. Please click on the checkbox below the DOWNLOAD button, then click the red DOWNLOAD button to begin the download. The time for the download process may vary depending on the speed of your Internet connection and the size of the file being downloaded.
Once you have downloaded the MINI MASTER SETUP file, please double-click on it to reinstall the drivers on your computer.
Hope this helps!
This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.
08-05-2015 09:12 AM
Having read many of the postings on this thread because it's just happened to me. I remembered having a similar problem when I deleted print jobs with an HP printer. Here's what freed my printer today:
I have a lap top running Window 7, with a Canon MG6450 connected wirelessly. I searched Control Panel with 'service'.
You could do: Control Panel > Systems & Security > Administrive Tools > Services. Then scroll down to Print Spooler. Open Print Spooler. Stop it, then start it.
That allowed the computer getting the irritating message to print again.
Hope that helps and that I've given enough clues to work with other operating systems.
02-26-2016 04:51 AM - edited 02-26-2016 04:53 AM
Yup - same problem here with a MG7550 - cost a fortune 1 1/2 year ago, but have failed to work properly since day 1. To make a long story short - it is the worst piece of hardware garbage I have ever come across, and I am writing this only to warn other people from buying it. And, I was a happy owner of a Canon Pixma 4500 for 7 years!
The "another computer is using the printer" has kept preventing me from printing so many times, and today I realised that you really do have to reset the printer spooler manually to have this machine work at all. See post above.
-drinks ink only by starting up procedure. I am out of color despite setting grey / draft as default mode.
- a nightmare using it a scanner as the wifi is irreliable, don't connect to online services despite being online and accessible from pc.
- does not scan to USB stick which would be a back up solution
- useless "quick guide" software with 30(!) short cut icons which makes the simples function hard to find.
extremely fragile build - expect the sensor at the paper tray to break, and the mechanism opening the front lid to get stuck
- poorly conceived software for printing cards.
- Just updated the firmware to 4.0, but no improvement on the reliability whatsoever
So - do yourself a favour and stay away this series of machine!!!
07-27-2016 03:58 AM
thank you -worked first time fpr me my printer is MG5650...and i can safely say is best printer i have ever had ....low on ink , and reliable
09-05-2016 02:25 PM
Created an account just to say THANK YOU to Crested_Grebe. The advice given by the canon people - surprise surprise - was incorrect (i.e. remove drivers; reinstall), since that worked once, and the problem returned the following day (someone else in here had the same results). Pretty sad when users like us - specifically, like Crested Grebe - know more than the canon folks themselves.