01-07-2018 11:42 AM - edited 01-07-2018 11:44 AM
I'd appreciate if anyone could help in my WIFI issues, cause i'm pretty close to putting my fist through my new MG3650.
All im trying to do is connect to my win 10 PC using the setup guide. I try to follow the extact 'cableless' setup, but when I push-hold the wifi button NOTHING happens.
The amber light doesn't blink, I can't see the printer on my available wifi networks, nothing...radio silence?
Is this insufferable machine simply DOA?
01-09-2018 07:03 PM - edited 01-09-2018 07:07 PM
To try and get the printer connected wirelessly, we can reset your network, then initialize the machine settings of the printer to set its network settings back to the default, then re-enable the wireless setting of the printer and attempt to install the drivers. To reset your network, please follow these steps:
1. Turn off the printer and unplug the power cord, then turn off your computer.
2. Unplug your wireless router for at least 60 seconds, then plug it back in.
3. Wait 5 minutes, then plug the printer back in, and turn it and the computer back on.
Please also move your printer as close to your wireless access point/router as possible, ensuring that there are no devices that may be causing an interference (i.e., baby monitors, cordless phones, microwaves, other wireless devices, etc.) between the devices nearby.
Once your network has been reset, please initialize the network settings of the printer and re-enable the wireless setting by following these steps:
1. Press and hold the STOP button and release it when the Alarm lamp flashes 21 times. This will initialize the machine settings.
2. Next, please turn off the printer, unplug the power cord and leave it out for at least 10 minutes, then plug it back in and turn it back on.
3. Once the printer comes back on, please press and hold the Wi-Fi button, then release it when the ON lamp flashes.
4. Press the COLOR button, then the Wi-Fi button in this order. The wireless LAN setting of the printer is now enabled.
Once the wireless LAN setting is enabled, please try reinstalling the drivers on your computer. Prior to reinstalling the drivers, you will want to ensure that any antivirus, firewall or spyware programs that are on your computer are temporarily disabled, as these programs can sometimes prevent the printer drivers from being installed successfully. Once the printer drivers and software are reinstalled successfully, the protection software can be re-enabled.
Hope this helps!
03-09-2018 06:59 PM
I tried following these steps, but failed at step (having completed the 1st three steps) 1 because the power button did not flash once, later alone 21 times . How to proceed?
03-15-2018 10:00 AM
Timing is everything, and sometimes you have to perform the steps one or more times in order to perform the reset. I suggest you try again.
05-26-2018 11:58 AM
Hi, I just had the same problem and my gosh how frustrating. I finally solved my problem so thought I'd share. I had set up the printer through the wi-fi mode 2.4 GHz and yesterday I had changed the setting on my wi-fi to 5 GHz thinking it would be better. Well not the case for me with the Canon MG3650. Apparantly, the range is better with 2.4GHz so check your wi-fi mode and if you have the option of 2.4 GHz try it.
07-13-2019 11:57 AM
Hi - I tried all your steps successfully and re-started the installation process.
For a third time my PC recognised the printer and offered it for selection, but as soon as I selected Next the error message "Connection failed" prevented further progress.
I've now tried most of one day. Sometimes the installation wizard can't even find the printer.
Any further advice much appreciated - Thankyou - Tim3