cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

looking for flash for EOS Rebel T7

Kmiller
Apprentice

Hello

I am new here and new to digital photography. I have an Eos Rebal T7 and I am looking to get a flash for my camera to give me a little more flexibility over the built in flash on the camera. I do not want to spend a lot of money but want something reliable and good. My cameras shoe has the center pin, so I am looking for recommendations on a flash unit that is easy to learn but versatile. Thanks for the help

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

These are the lowest priced flashes compatible with your camera that Canon sells.  

shadowsports_0-1720995712201.png

I checked refurbished availability for you and both new and refurb are currently out of stock in the Canon USA Store.  I'm sure you can find them at Best Buy, or B&H Photo.  You can also try KEH if you are OK with used.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

zakslm
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Kmiller,

Please do not exclude a used speedlite from consideration. To the best of my knowledge, any EX speedlite will work well with your camera. 

I have the same camera and I bought a very lightly used 430EX speedlite and it works well. There are at least 2 subsequent updates to the 430EX that improve on the first generation 430EX including the ability to set the flash options from your camera’s flash menu, enhanced remote functionality, a lever to lock the flash on the camera vs. a wheel on the original 430EX and probably more. But for my purposes, the 430EX is more than adequate. 

If you do consider a used EX speedlite, you should purchase from a reputable used equipment dealer that may offer a return/exchange option and a warranty of some sort. KEH.com, bhphotovideo.com, Adorama.com, mpb.com and usedphoto.com have been recommended on this forum as reputable and you may wish to visit those sellers to view their selection and prices. 

Good luck!

Don't forget about the EL-1 and EL-100 speedlites too. They follow the same rules as older 5 pin EX series speedlites. Certain older speedlites such as the 220EX, 380EX, 420EX, 430EX original, 550EX & 580EX original. Lack full compatability with the in camera flash menu. Certain Speedlites that lack an LCD screen have partial compatability. To set FEC, AF Assist Beam Firing and Rear Curtain Sync. The EL-5 & EL-10 are new generation speedlites with a multi function hot shoe. So those speedlites won't work with old EOS film SLRs, DSLRs, R, RP, R5, R6 classic, R100 & EOS M series mirrorless cameras.

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D
click here to view the gallery
Announcements