cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T7 and compatible Speedlites

danimal59
Contributor

Good Morning,

Could anyone help clarify which speedlites are compatible with my T7? I have done a lot of research and have seen conflicting information about this due to the center pin or lack thereof. I’m a beginner, but my T7 seems to have one. 

I also spoke to B and H and they indicated that the Godoy VING V860IIC is compatible. However, I also read that a third party flash is not recommended and could possibly damage the camera. Does anyone have any feedback as well?

Thank you,

Dan

0F7D3257-E681-4CEB-822A-91A8490279DB.jpeg

8 REPLIES 8

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

I recommend visiting the Canon USA Online store, finding the camera, and then reviewing the recommended accessories.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

danimal59
Contributor

Hi,

I checked and there isn’t any recommended.

Thanks,

Dan

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

@danimal59 wrote:

Good Morning,

Could anyone help clarify which speedlites are compatible with my T7? I have done a lot of research and have seen conflicting information about this due to the center pin or lack thereof. I’m a beginner, but my T7 seems to have one. 

I also spoke to B and H and they indicated that the Godoy VING V860IIC is compatible. However, I also read that a third party flash is not recommended and could possibly damage the camera. Does anyone have any feedback as well?

Thank you,

Dan

0F7D3257-E681-4CEB-822A-91A8490279DB.jpeg

Since you have the center pin any EF compatible flash should work. Just check what the flash manufacturer lists in the description for their product.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I'd stay away from 3rd party products.  

Here are 3 good options.

EL-100

430EX-III RT

600EX-II RT

The first 2 are very affordable.  The 600 is a bit more.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks!

deebatman316
Elite
Elite

Any of Canon's EX & EL speedlites are compatible with your camera. Except the new EL-5 which is designed for certain EOS R series cameras. Is low light AF a problem for you or a concern of yours.

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

Demetrius,

Thanks for your response. I don’t have a specific low light AF issue right now. Just looking for better outcomes as I do more indoor photography than delivered flash with T7.

Thanks!

Dan

The 2 speedlites that @shadowsports mentioned the EL-100 & 430EX III-RT use Intermittent Flash Firing (Disco Flash) for AF Assist. Which could be confusing and or distracting to your subject(s). The built in flash uses the same method for AF Assist. The 430EX III-RT can be set to use the IR AF Assist Beam. But ONLY in the creative zone (M, Av, Tv & P) modes. But the IR AF Assist Beam is limited to the center AF point. If another AF point is chosen the AF Assist Beam will NOT be emitted from the speedlite. Also the AF Assist Beam only works in One Shot not in AI Servo.

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D
click here to view the gallery
Announcements