Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

600EX-RT not illuminating subject

CJBeltowski
Apprentice

Camera: 1Dx
Flash: 600EX-RT (x3)
Trigger: ST-E3-RT

Hello, I have 3 600EX-RT's, 2 of the 3 are not illuminating the subject like they should. I have run the same tests on all three and concluded that one of them is working properly and the other two are not.

I have checked it in both ETTL and Manual. I have tried these settings while in wireless mode (Master) and non-wireless mode. They work correctly when using them off-camera in Slave Mode and being triggered by an ST-E3-RT.

In ETTL, the exposure comes out as if the speedlight wasn't even turned on. The exposure comes out exaclty the same with the exception of the white balance being a noticeable change. I have adjusted the Flash Exposure Compensation all the way from -3 to +3 and there are no changes.

In Manual, the speedlight fires at full power whether it is at 1/128 or 1/1. 

I have done a reset on the speedlight. I have cleared all the functions from the speedlight. I have cleared all the functions through the camera menu. I have changed the batteries.

The only thing I can come up with is that there is something wrong with the hotshoe connections but nothing looks out of place or bent, there is no visible debris.

This all happened in the middle of a job. One moment they were working as they are supposed to, the next they weren't.

3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Speedlites are a little to smart at times.  What shooting mode are you using in the camera?  Av mode?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Full Manual. I almost never shoot in AV or TV.

Tim
Authority

Hello CJBeltowski, 

We are sorry to hear that there may be some issues with your Speedlites.  You may fill out an online repair request form at the following link to setup your repair using our online service.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/service-repair

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements