cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connection Canon camera to my script

tamar20
Apprentice

I want to take picture in Python using Canon camera,

can I connect my camera to my computer and use it from my script?

5 REPLIES 5

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

What computer? The Mac version *might* be AppleScriptable.

I am afraid you are way beyond us. You might look into the SDK to do what you want.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Not enough information here....   Your "My Script".  How could anyone know what this is?

While there are some coding resources available, and others like yourself who experiment, your vague description gives us little to no information.  Sorry. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I wrote script in Python which activates webcam and take picture for the code,

I want to change the webcam to Canon camera but, the code didnt recognize the device as a camera so I can't use it.

I want to know if the camera has option to contact to a python code like webcam."

Hi, tamar20!

Welcome to the Canon Community! What you're looking for is the Software Developer's Kit, or SDK. It's only available for certain camera models. If you're in the USA, you'll find more information on the following site: https://www.developersupport.canon.com/

If you're outside of the United States, you'll want to reach out to Canon in your country/region for any software developer resources that might be available. Click HERE to find contact information for Canon globally. 

We hope this helps point you in the right direction!

altco
Contributor

@tamar20 wrote:

I want to take picture in Python using Canon camera,

can I connect my camera to my computer and use it from my script?

Apparently, you would be better off asking the question in another forum.

Yesterday I have posted a link to a well known library/utility used to control cameras over USB, but the post was deleted.

Another option would be to go on github and search for ‘gphoto python’

Announcements