cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photos not saved! 250d

Ninaxx
Contributor
All the pictures I took in an afternoon have all disappeared from the sd card. Card wasn't full and I was able to playback images after they'd been taken but when I went to transfer them at the end of the day, they were gone! Any thoughts/ ideas/ advice on whether this has happened to anyone else and if images can be recovered?
Many thanks in advance
15 REPLIES 15

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

What brand of card are you using?  If it's SanDisk, you can try their recovery software.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Ninaxx
Contributor
Hey, thanks for the reply. Yes, it is ScanDisk. Can I use the recovery software with the sd card in the camera, or dhould I remove the sd card and insert into a card reader?

I would assume you'd need a card reader? As your computer would need to ultmately see it.  I've never used the software, so don't know.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Ninaxx
Contributor
Yes, I'm a bit in the dark too. Going to run recovery with sd card in reader and keep fingers crossed! Many thanks again for your help

is this a full size card or a micro card with adapter?

Ninaxx
Contributor
It's a micro card in an adapter.

Can you still review the images in the camera using the blue playback button?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Ninaxx
Contributor
So, when I took the images I could view in playback straight after and I could view pics throughout the day. But at the end of the day, I went to transfer pics onto my phone, I switched my camera on they'd all disappeared. No idea if it is the type of sd card that has caused this or what but ideally I need to find out how to avoid it happening again in the future

I don't know if this is your problem, but when folks report image loss problems on the forum microSD cards in adapters very frequently involved. 

My suggestions would be:

1. Get a full size SD card for future use in your camera

2. Get a SD/micro/SD card reader for your computer and try and read the micro/SD card directly in the reader. Using the adapter introduces two additional sets of contacts that could cause a problem. 

3. If still no luck try the image recovery software. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements