Canon Community Canon Community

Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

EOS Webcam Utility1.cab not found

[ Edited ]

Hello! Very strange thing. I've just installed windows 10pro x64, downloaded EOSWebcamUtility-WIN1.1.zip (few times), unpacked it and started Setup.exe Result is on screenshot. 
Why so? How to install?
EOSWebCam.png

VIP

Re: EOS Webcam Utility1.cab not found

Make sure that the combined folder pathname and file name are not too long.  That file name sounds a little odd, too.

Make sure that you have the proper admin rights to install software.

BTW, I was not aware that the EOS Webcam Utility installation contained or used any cabinet files.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Doctor told me to get out and walk, so I bought a Canon."
Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

"file name sounds a little odd", "I was not aware" - just download utility and see.

https://www.canon-europe.com/cameras/eos-webcam-utility/

But I have found solution. There was cyrillic letters in path "C:\Дистрибутивы\Canon\EOSWebcamUtility-WIN1.1".

From path "C:\_temp\EOSWebcamUtility-WIN1.1" installed successfully.

Very strange!

VIP

@straannick wrote:

"file name sounds a little odd", "I was not aware" - just download utility and see.

https://www.canon-europe.com/cameras/eos-webcam-utility/

But I have found solution. There was cyrillic letters in path "C:\Дистрибутивы\Canon\EOSWebcamUtility-WIN1.1".

From path "C:\_temp\EOSWebcamUtility-WIN1.1" installed successfully.

Very strange!

Yes, that is what I mean.  The letters are visible in your screenshot of the error message for the file name.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Occasional Contributor

Very strange. Looks like amateur programming, but not professional.

VIP

Might have been a virus or malware.