cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tête-à-Tête

Tronhard
VIP
VIP

I am unashamedly a wildlife photographer, and as such love both animals and the gear that lets me get up close and personal with them.   The arrival of the Canon RF 200-800 is a significant change in the latter: not only for its reach, but for the sharpness of the lens that allows me to crop even further.
The following two images were taken hand-held and cropped in post to get the isolation and composition I really wanted.
Give that Zebra are evolved so that by standing together their strips created a disruptive pattern that confuses predators, it can also be a challenge to capture, and the classic image is one of a line of such animals at a water hole.  Until I can get that one, these will have to do...

Canon R6II, RF 200-800@338, f/8, 1/400sec, ISO-200Canon R6II, RF 200-800@338, f/8, 1/400sec, ISO-200Canon R6II, RF 200-800@388mm, f/8, 1/400sec, ISO-200Canon R6II, RF 200-800@388mm, f/8, 1/400sec, ISO-200

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is less what they hold in their hand, it's more what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
10 REPLIES 10

It's actually wearing pajamas!

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is less what they hold in their hand, it's more what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
Announcements