cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sunrise and Sunsets.

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

This is a sunrise, actually 3 minutes before the sunrise. 

EOS 6D, EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM

16mm

1/4000

f/2.8

ISO 100

IMG_7290-HDR.jpg

This is an HDR image made from five shots. 

Here is the actual moment of first light, captured three minutes later in a sequence of 5 HDR shots, at 35mm.

IMG_7296-HDR.jpg

The pre-dawn sky was a quickly changing kaleidoscope of color.  It took me 12 minutes to arrive.  The actual sunrise was anti-climatic.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
30 REPLIES 30

EOS 6D w/EF 16-35mm F/2.8L II USM  :  I/800, f/8, ISO 1250, @16mm

2520200086442018_06_201002651.jpg

_MG_6061 (3).JPG

Canon 5D mk III, Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS (original) at 70mm, f/5.0, 1/400, ISO 800. Shot in Chicago at the end of a senior picture session.

KLI_0353.jpg

Good job!

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

This is a sunrise at Okahu Bay in Auckland.  I was out taking my partner paddleboarding and with an hour to kill I realized that the mornings are really quite beautiful.

Gory Details:  Canon EOS M, EF-M 10-22, 10mm

Orakei Basin Sunrise 02 LR.jpg

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

NICE!

My eyes dive into this photo, and lock on.  Tough to look away, just see more detail each time I look at it.  You should enter this in a photo contest.

Great shot.  I love the combination of the M3 and the EF-M 22mm f/2 STM.

Wadizzle,

He said he used 10-22 mm @ 10 mm...no f stop mentioned, (unless you can see the data somewhere over my head IDK about)

what does this mean please:

" the combination of the M3 and the EF-M 22mm f/2 STM."  Is that the lens You use?  I Dont mean to sound dense...pls Clairify for my curisoty.  thanks  (Ive been lens shopping lately and also put simply,  just a nosey parker, lol)

@fatcat wrote:

Wadizzle,

@He said he used 10-22 mm @ 10 mm...no f stop mentioned, (unless you can see the data somewhere over my head IDK about)

what does this mean please:

" the combination of the M3 and the EF-M 22mm f/2 STM."  Is that the lens You use?  I Dont mean to sound dense...pls Clairify for my curisoty.  thanks  (Ive been lens shopping lately and also put simply,  just a nosey parker, lol)

I actually took my image with the EOS M (not M3), and the EF-M 10-22mm lens set at 10mm.  I have not mentioned the other specs because they did not register on the EXIF info I was reading - I took the shot a few months ago and don't remember the other details of that shot - who would?

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

This one was taken of a gannet colony at Muriwai, west Auckland.  This is apparently the most accessible colony of its type in the world, being close to the city and only 300m from the parking lot and about 800m from a rather good cafe!

IMG_3179-1.jpg

Taken with the EOS 60D, using the EF-S 15-85mm lens.

15mm, f10, 1/250, ISO 400

cheers, TREVOR

Announcements