cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your Astrophotography Photos

lindam
Administrator
Administrator

Are you a fan of astrophotography? Post your favorite photo you've taken and share the story behind it. Be sure to include the Canon gear you used.

Astrophotography

91 REPLIES 91

Outstanding..............

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

I really love this Star Trails image over the river.   Great Job.

Steph_Louisiana

JHellerKay
Apprentice

I'm a beginner at astrophotography, so I know my photos aren't great, but they're getting better!

I'm using a T5i with a 14mm lens from another manufacturer for wide angle shots, and an 8" Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope with the camera at prime focus for deep sky.

IMG_0008.JPG

The Double Cluster

IMG_0002.JPG

My first guided deep sky photo! Taken on Palomar Mountain, 7July 2016

The Dumbbell Nebula

5 three minute exposures with dark frames

Celestron C8 SCT

AVX Mount

Orion Starshoot Autoguider

Processed in PSLR

Any and all critiques/comments are welcome! 

IMG_0005.JPGIMG_0003.JPG

End of the lunar eclipse, 27 September 2015IMG_0102.jpg

A single snapshot 2 nights before harvest moon 2016

IMG_0096.JPGIMG_0011.JPGGlobular cluster M92

3 thirty second exposures, unguided and poorly focused. Taken from a completely light polluted urban environment.IMG_0004.JPG

Self portrait IMG_0137.JPG

They are all spectacular.  Great Job !!!

Steph_Louisiana

marymagdalene
Apprentice

Hello!
This is a photo that I took of the July full moon with my Canon SX-530, with the lens set at the 50x zoom...

IMG_0407.JPG

EricPetersen
Apprentice

Star Trails over a lake in MN,

Canon 5DMKIII

Canon 15mm Fisheye F2.8

1 hour in 30 second exposures composited in StarStax.

AstroPhoto-1-2.jpg

dmasters
Apprentice

Harvest moon rising on 9-16-16 approx 8:00pm. Shot with Canon T5, Canon EF 70-300IS lens, ISO200, f 5.6, 1/200 sec., 300mm fl. They are both the same photo, the second is after I cropped it.IMG_3584 - Copy.JPG

IMG_3584 C - Copy.JPG

rgmoore
Apprentice

This is a shot that I took here in Great Falls Mt. of the Burlington Northern Railroad turntable and of the full Strawberry Moon. This full Strawberry Moon happened on the day of the summer solstice, and it happened to come up in the middle of this turntable. I guess it was the stonehenge that night lol. I used a Canon EOS REBEL T2i with a Canon kit lens 18-55 mm. I shot it  f5.6 @1/2sec  ISO 800 With a -2step. shot on a tripod .  I used corel paint shop to bring down the moon a little. The moon was still a little bright.  I shot about 20 shots and bracketing to get one that work.  And I had a very short window to do it. The moon did not stay there for long. Strawberry Moon

The Hunter's Super Moon, October 15, 2016

IMG_6807.jpg

EOS 6D, EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM @ 35mm : 30 sec, f/11, ISO 100 : +2 EV

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CT7D2016_10_150029.jpg

EOS-1D Mark IV, EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM @ 400mm : 1/125, f/11, ISO-100

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Did you crop this image of the Moon? or did it really take up the whole frame like this? Beautiful image, thanks for sharing !!! 🙂 🙂 🙂
Announcements