cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moody Morning the the R6 & RF 24-240

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Down under in NZ, we are in the last stages of winter, and we have been experiencing a series of very foggy mornings. Today I decided to get out there and capture some images.  What they offer us is a rich tapestry of tones and textures, with muted colours.
All images hand-held

Moody Mist:

Canon EOS R6 • Canon RF 24-240mm f/4-6.3 IS USM @47mm • 1/25 • f/8 • ISO 200Canon EOS R6 • Canon RF 24-240mm f/4-6.3 IS USM @47mm • 1/25 • f/8 • ISO 200

Shaking off the Damp

Canon EOS R6, RF 24-240 240mm, f/8, 1/30sec, ISO-200Canon EOS R6, RF 24-240 240mm, f/8, 1/30sec, ISO-200

Nature's Strings of Pearls

Canon EOS R6, RF 24-240 240mm, f/8, 1/100sec, ISO-200Canon EOS R6, RF 24-240 240mm, f/8, 1/100sec, ISO-200

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
2 REPLIES 2

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

Very nice photos. I'm thinking of taking some photos in B&W or editing in B&W. Sometimes B&W conveys an impression lost with color. Question: How did you insert the settings at the bottom of each photo?

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Thanks for your comments! 

For me, greyscale images emphasize tone, texture and pattern in an image, that would otherwise be lost to colour.  It also tends to give our images a classic throw-back impression, reminiscent of the earlier time in photography.  I actually shoot in colour and then process to greyscale in post production.  That way one can manipulate the RGB to change tonal values in much the same way as using coloured filters in the old days of film.

To be able to add the text at the bottom of an image, when you have uploaded an image, before you press DONE, you will see at the bottom of your image a space for a caption, that's where you put the text.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
Announcements