cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got the blues!

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

I was browsing some photos I took last year. Didn't edit  with PSE 2021 at the time but asking what did I do wrong? Here is an example. Noted where I could add the specs to the photo. I'm learning...slowly. TIA.f/6.3, 1/100 sec., ISO-400, +0.3 step, 36mmf/6.3, 1/100 sec., ISO-400, +0.3 step, 36mm

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG
6 REPLIES 6

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

If this is the original, then I would suggest your white balance was set to something like Tungsten.

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

My guess as well, Trevor.

When WB is set to lower color temperatures than reality, the camera will compensate by adding more blue (cooler color).  Opposite happens (images too warm) when set to higher color temperatures than reality where the camera compensates by adding more orange (warmer color).

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

MikeSowsun
Authority
Authority

Using an EXIF data reader shows that you used Manual White Balance for this photo instead of Auto White Balance. 

You simply used the incorrect color temperature and it gave your image a blue color cast. When outdoors AWB usually works quite well, without the need to use Manual White Balance. 

08FBFAD7-6FFD-46C5-80CB-53642827491D.jpeg

Mike Sowsun

I don't recall using manual WB but it's possible. Will be taking some photos of an event this weekend. Good to know what needs to be set to get the best photo.Mike, how did you pill up all that information?

Thanks to all!

John

MikeSowsun
Authority
Authority

There are many free EXIF data viewers available for computers and other devices. 

I use this one with my iPad:   

Exif Viewer App by Fluntro

Mike Sowsun

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

After pondering the day I took the photos, I realized I had taken photos inside and set WB accordingly. Duh! Obviously, I neglected to change the setting. I took the photo to PSE and clicked on "Color" and it came out perfect! This weekend I was conscious of settings. Again, many thanks.

John
Announcements