cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fun with Zoomed Images

Tronhard
Elite
Elite
My local camera group has a weekly get-together with a specific theme each time. This time was zooming while taking the shot. The slow shutter speeds pretty well demands some kind of support: either a tripod or monopod, to keep one element sharp.
During the exercise I experimented with two things:
1. Finding one point that would best be kept in focus - usually a specific object, and keeping that centred as I zoomed. 
2. Changing the degree of zoom to keep some elements of an image sharp especially keeping the eyes of Bella Hadid recognizable.
So, here are some results, taken with the venerable Canon EOS 60D, and EF-S 18-135 IS USM lens. The support unit was an iFoto Cobra II.Bella Hadid: 59mm, f/22, 1/10 sec, ISO-200Bella Hadid: 59mm, f/22, 1/10 sec, ISO-200Zooming along a lane: 22mm, f/9, 1/6 sec, ISO-200Zooming along a lane: 22mm, f/9, 1/6 sec, ISO-20022mm, f/9, 1/6 sec, ISO-20022mm, f/9, 1/6 sec, ISO-20022mm, f/15, 1/6 sec, ISO-30022mm, f/15, 1/6 sec, ISO-300

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
2 REPLIES 2

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

Interesting photos.

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG

I actually quite like these, but recognize they are not to everyone's taste, nevertheless an interesting exercise and lots of fun.  🙂

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements