cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anna's Hummingbird

Edward1064
Enthusiast

Here is another hummer for this section, an Anna's.  This one from about a month ago.  

Ed

7DII, EF100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM

400 mm, 1/400 sec at f/5.6, ISO 1600

Anna's Hummingbird.jpg

5 REPLIES 5

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

My complements on the photo. Love those little birdies. We have one that roosts in a hickory tree in the back yard. If another one comes to the feeder outside the kitchen window, he chases it off. ZOOM!

Edit- Curious. Where do live? One could do a lot of traveling to photograph the different hummingbirds found in the US.

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG

Tintype,

Thank you.  We live in the southern part of the San Francisco Bay Area.  The Anna's hummers are the most prevalent species here, although there are rufous and Allen's hummers too.  Though we have only ever seen a rufous once at at our feeders.  But there are many, many Anna's, which live here year-round.

Ed

We get a magazine, Birds & Blooms, which is exactly what the title implies. The summer copy iss their h'bird issue and we never regretted subscribing. They have an ad  for a special book on hummingbirds- The Hummingbird Handbook by John Shewey. I found it online but can't remember where. Should be easy to find. Happy birding!

John

Tintype,

Thank you for the book recommendation.  Our county library has that book on hummers, and I just checkrd it out.  During the pandemic I discovered how easy it is to check out ebooks from the library, and have used it to great advantage.  

What species of hummingbirds you see where you are?

Ed

So far here in SE Tennessee, we have only seen the ruby throated hummingbird.

John
Announcements