cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello and Help...Canoscan 4400F to Dell Win 10

TimMartin1952
Apprentice

I pulled out my Canoscan 4400F and dusted it off, hoping to scan some old family slides to my Dell laptop running Win 10. The last time I used the scanner was 2013 with another computer and I had great results. Unfortunately, my scanner and myself have gotten older but my fairly new lap top does not want to cooperate. 

I'm having software conflict. Message says I should be able to run Win 7 canoscan software and it will be recognized by my Win 10 system. Let's say that is when I hit a brick wall. I was hoping this would be simple but as I have learned with computers, it never is.

First off, will I be able to use this scanner with my Dell Win 10 system? Secondly, could some one please help an old guy get started in the right direction?

Thanks in advance, Tim Martin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi TimMartin1952,

You may want to try using VueScan, which is available from Hamrick:

https://www.hamrick.com/

You are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.

If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Monday through Saturday, 9am to 9pm. Let them know you have been working with technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi TimMartin1952,

You may want to try using VueScan, which is available from Hamrick:

https://www.hamrick.com/

You are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.

If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Monday through Saturday, 9am to 9pm. Let them know you have been working with technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Yeah this is one of the most requested feature from the community but not sure when will the idea be implemented.

normadel
Authority
Authority

Odd. My reply to TimMartin1952 was deleted, and there's a yellow banner saying it was marked as spam and deleted.

Evelyn856...are you talking about Private Messaging?  It IS present now. Click on a sender's name and a button appears saying "Send a Message". Except it didn't for Canon Expert Patrick.

To try again.....My CanoScan 8800F is only "supported" up to Windows 7, but its software and the scanner work perfectly with Windows 10. Maybe the 8800F software and driver would work with a 4400F. I can share the software. Private-messaging will let us arrange how to send it.

Announcements