cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Scanner DR-M260, TWAIN error 80FF0001

Ukko
Apprentice

I use a scanner Canon DR-M260 under Windows 11 Pro (21H2) with CaptureOnTouch V4Pro. I have repeatedly the problem that CaptureOnTouch reports an error with the Twain driver: "An error occurred with the Twain driver. [Error: 80FF0001]". In the control panel of the scanner, the stored scan programs (1,2,3) are then also not displayed.

This is extremely annoying because it can only be fixed by rebooting and completely interrupts the work. The behavior is not predictable, but my impression is that it occurs more often when the computer was in energy saving mode in the meantime or the scanner was not turned on when the computer was started. I have updated the software (V4Pro) and Twain driver (1.2SP3), but it did not help.

Is the behavior known, are there any solutions?

Thanks, Ukko

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ukko
Apprentice

To follow this up: I had contacted my local support in parallel. After the advice to bring all Canon drivers up to date (which they were before), I finally got this tip, which helped with me:

Please deactivate the WIA service on your computer:

- Open the Control Panel and go to "Administrative Tools" (in Windows 11 this item is now called Windows Tools).

- Start "Services" and look for "Windows Image Acquisition (WIA)" in the list.

- Click with the right mouse button on this service and select "Stop".

- After that please try to make a scan

That worked and since then the problem has not reoccurred. 🙂

Occasionally I have the problem that CaptureOnTouch V4 spontaneously forgets that a scanner is connected. Then the following helps me: Click on the CaptureOnTouch program menu with the three horizontal lines (top right). Click on Select Scanner and select the scanner again.

I hope this helps others with the same problems.

Ukko

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

Please click HERE and use the steps in the article to try and resolve the twain error. 

If the issue persists, it is recommended that you call our Enterprise & Desktop Solutions Divisions at 1-800-423-2366 Monday-Friday 9:00 am to 8:00 pm ET, excluding holidays.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

dwak
Apprentice

I have been having the same problem and am not able to fix it!

Ukko
Apprentice

To follow this up: I had contacted my local support in parallel. After the advice to bring all Canon drivers up to date (which they were before), I finally got this tip, which helped with me:

Please deactivate the WIA service on your computer:

- Open the Control Panel and go to "Administrative Tools" (in Windows 11 this item is now called Windows Tools).

- Start "Services" and look for "Windows Image Acquisition (WIA)" in the list.

- Click with the right mouse button on this service and select "Stop".

- After that please try to make a scan

That worked and since then the problem has not reoccurred. 🙂

Occasionally I have the problem that CaptureOnTouch V4 spontaneously forgets that a scanner is connected. Then the following helps me: Click on the CaptureOnTouch program menu with the three horizontal lines (top right). Click on Select Scanner and select the scanner again.

I hope this helps others with the same problems.

Ukko

Announcements