cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon LIDE220 on PC win11 - send shutdown signal to PC

hreich
Apprentice

I have a user that has Canon LIDE220 on dell PC with win11...Randomly user is experiencing window with confirmation of shutting down windows (than he needs to click on no to continue work) , although user didnt clicked anything and is working on a pc..It looks like somehow scaner is sending signal to shutdown windows...The same thing happened when i delivered another pc to user, and installed same scaner on that new PC..The same window pop-up was randomly showed on a new pc...Is there any option for that scanner that can send shutdown signal to windows?

3 REPLIES 3

Danny

Hi, hreich!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which applications you're using with your Canon scanner. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

hreich
Apprentice

On customer PC it was this version: CanoScan LiDE 220 Scanner Driver Ver.1.04 (Windows)

Hi hreich,

Because this issue occurs with 2 separate computers, I doubt it's the computer or computer settings causing the computer to turn off.

Please try using a different USB cable.

If the issue persists even with a different USB cable, the CanoScan LiDE 220 would require service.

If that is the case, please contact our support group using the following link:

https://mycanon.usa.canon.com

They will provide you with your available service options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements