cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CanoScan LiDE 400 on MacOS 11.6 Big Sur: Not scanning

tnabtaf
Apprentice

Hi All,

I have just connected a newly purchased CanoScan LiDE 400 Scanner to my MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2020, Intel Core i5) running MacOS 11.6 and I am not able to scan anything.

I have installed Canon IJ Scan Utility Lite, and it finds the Canon LiDE 400 scanner.  I have also added the scanner to the printers and scanners in System Preferences.  So far so good.

But I can't get it to scan anything.  Clicking on Document or on Photo in Canon IJ Scan Utility Lite brings up a popup that says:

Searching for scanners

Scanner is warming up...

Do not open the document cover.

Processing... Please wait momentarily

and then no scanning happens.

If I click on Open Scanner... from Printers & Scanners in System Preferences, a different window, titled "Scanner" is launched.

Clicking on Scan displays 'Scanning document "Scan"'.  It doesn't exactly hang (I can press Cancel to stop the request) but all it does actually start the scan either.

Finally, pushing the PDF button on the scanner itself does not do anything either.

Any guidance you can offer would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave C

5 REPLIES 5

tnabtaf
Apprentice

I upgraded MacOS to 11.6.1, and still not getting any scanning.

This is what I see when click on Open Scanner... from Printers and Scanners in systems preferences, and then click Scan:

spinning.png

And it just sits there. 

Hi, Dave!

Thanks for posting on our forum! This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

Thanks and have a great day!

Thanks Danny.  I am pursuing offical support channels.  I will post what I find out here.

Jimmywick
Contributor

Check 1 Connect the USB cable to a different USB port on the computer. Check 2 If the USB cable is connected to a USB hub, remove it from the USB hub and connect it to a USB port on the computer. Check 3 Restart the computer.

Announcements