cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CanoScan LiDE 400 Scans not saving w/ScanGear

Djinn252
Apprentice

I just set up my Canoscan LIDE 400, and in basic testing, I'm running into an unusual problem.  It scans - but doesn't save anything.  I changed the default save folder, and as it scans, I see a temporary file appear, like ~SG_SRC.TMP.

I would expect this to resolve into a normal file upon completion, but it doesn't.  And as soon as I exit the ScanGear software, the temp file disappears.  How do I get ScanGear to save the image?  Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Djinn252,

Please open the IJ Scan Utility.  In the lower right corner, click on the Settings button.

You can change the location of where scans are saved here.

For example, if you are using the ScanGear button, click ScanGear on the left side of Settings.  Change the "Save In" to your desired folder.

More information can be viewed here:

https://ij.manual.canon/ij/webmanual/ScanUtility/W/LiDE%20400/1.1/EN/SU/su-114.html

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Tiffany

Welcome to the Canon forum!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know
 exactly which operating system is running on your computer (i.e. Windows or macOS and which version) Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue.  If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE

Thank you!

Djinn252
Apprentice

Just to round out the details, I'm running a Windows 10 system.

Djinn252
Apprentice

I'm making some headway here ... The issue was that I'd defined the folder for temporary files.  But I can't find the setting that allows me to define where scanned images are to be saved.  I want all scans, all types, to be saved to one specific folder.  Where can I find this setting?

Hi Djinn252,

Please open the IJ Scan Utility.  In the lower right corner, click on the Settings button.

You can change the location of where scans are saved here.

For example, if you are using the ScanGear button, click ScanGear on the left side of Settings.  Change the "Save In" to your desired folder.

More information can be viewed here:

https://ij.manual.canon/ij/webmanual/ScanUtility/W/LiDE%20400/1.1/EN/SU/su-114.html

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements