cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CanoScan LiDE 220 Saving Scans as PDF Word Documents

Paul_10
Apprentice

To Whom

I have a Canon LiDE220 Cano Scanner and it has been great providing me PDF documents (normal way I save scanned documents) that I use for various home uses. This morning I scanned a few documents and then tried to save them as a PDF, but they were saved as PDF word document. When I tried to open them, it was a failure.

My question is how do I get documents saved once again as a PDF document as I have since I purchases (also registered this scanner which I purchased on Amazon December 22, 2016) once again?

I have tried several things and it appears all settings are as a PDF. Also, when I view the scanned document, it is as what a PDF document should look like, so I think it is a software issue. If I need to re-load some of the original software, could you please attach it to your reply with instructions as to what I am to do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I cannot read text on your image; its resolution is too low.  

I suspect MS Windows?  If so, this is File Type association.

Note the icon of your .PDF file is MS Word, so this is the file type associated.

Right-Click on any .PDF file, select properties from the context menu (bottom).  When the properties dialog opens look for Opens With: ... press the change button.  When the new dialog open, Select your preferred .PDF application.  Adobe Acrobat, Edge, Chrome, etc.   If you aren't running windows, let us know.   

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Stephen

Hello!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know more information.

Do you see any error messages?
Which Computer Operating System are you using (Windows 7/8/10/11 or macOS 10/11/12)?
How do you connect to your scanner (USB or WiFi)?
Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue.

If you're in the United States, and this is an urgent support need, please click HERE to visit your My Canon Account to discover your personalized support options.

If you're outside the USA, please click HERE to find support options in your country.

Thanks and have a great day!

Stephen

No error message when PDF is made into PDF Word document, but an error message is present when trying to open PDF Word [it appears as a Word Document instead as a PDF Document (which is what I want). Reviw attached jpeg that show setttings, what a doucument is saved as and message when trying to open a Word PDF. 
NOTE:  I don't want a Word PDF, I wantr a regular PDF document!

OS is Windows 11
Connection to scanner is USB [came with scanner when purchased scanner].

I normally use the "Canon U Scan Utility" 

Canon Scanner Issue.jpg

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I cannot read text on your image; its resolution is too low.  

I suspect MS Windows?  If so, this is File Type association.

Note the icon of your .PDF file is MS Word, so this is the file type associated.

Right-Click on any .PDF file, select properties from the context menu (bottom).  When the properties dialog opens look for Opens With: ... press the change button.  When the new dialog open, Select your preferred .PDF application.  Adobe Acrobat, Edge, Chrome, etc.   If you aren't running windows, let us know.   

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Paul_10
Apprentice

Thanks to all that helped me find a soultion to my problewm / issue.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

@Paul_10

Thanks.  Appreciate the feedback.  Happy 2023.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements