cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Streaming/Webcam with the R5C

Qbert1000
Contributor

Hey, everyone!  New to this community, and I'm already asking for help.  I just got my R5C, and I was hoping to use it as a webcam.  I downloaded the software for the normal R5 since there wasn't an R5C option available.  It didn't work.  Am I missing something dumb?  Or do I just need to wait until Canon adds that to the list of camera that are webcam utility available?  I appreciate any advice on this.  Thanks!

11 REPLIES 11

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

If you have the EOS Utility installed (running in your system tray) it will keep the Webcam Utility from functioning properly.  If open, try closing it.  

It might just be a matter of waiting for Canon to update the Utility as you said.  In addition, I'd contact support to make a feature request.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Canon support got back to me super fast. I figured I’d have to wait a few days to hear back. But it sounds like the utility software is already loaded on the camera. Just have to change the USB settings on the camera menu, plug it into the computer, and it’s ready to go. Pretty sweet, actually. Should have spent more time reading the manual. Gonna do that tomorrow. 
Thanks for your prompt reply!

Are you able to get full 8K resolution from the Webcam output?  If not, what is the maximum resolution as a webcam and what kind of latency are you seeing?

What are the USB settings? I’m all over this camera system and can’t find them. 

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Its on page 124 of the Cinema Manual.

shadowsports_0-1690826663275.png

eosr5c-aug5-video-en.pdf (c-wss.com)

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

You're awesome. thank you

greggyp89
Contributor

I am having a similar issue. I changed to MP4 8 Bit and changed Usb settings. its still showing up blank in Webcam Utility. I also closed to Utility program from the taskbar.

I was having the same issue that it’s not showing up in the WebCam, Utility.

The R5 hosts itself as a WebCam. So if you look at Windows device manager or if there’s a place in an Apple computer to look at your different devices the WebCam is actually called the canon R5C or something similar. It’s not under the EOS, WebCam, utility. 

make sense?

So basically you're saying I shouldn't need the utility program at all. Once I connect the camera and change the USB setting, The camera should pop up as a webcam itself. I'm going to give this a shot thank you so much.

Announcements