cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Driver to make my XF400 a webcam, where is it located.

cdougherty
Apprentice

I went to the Canon driver page for my XF400 video camera but don't know which driver to download to use that camera as a webcam for Zoom meetings.

It's probably simple but I can't tell what driver does what.

Thanks for any help.

Candace

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Waddizzle - Thanks for this info.  I think based on what you say I won't sweat trying to get the XF400 to be a webcam.  Maybe I'll try a smaller camcorder I have and if that doesn't work, I'll just use little external webcam.  Appreciate your help.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

I recommend an HDMI cable and an HDMI to USB adapter.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Waddizzle, Thanks for your reply.  I have the HDMI cable attached to HDMI adapter to the laptop but camera not showing up, so I watched a Youtube where they talked about needing to download a utilities driver.  There are drivers for the XF400 listed but I don't know which one to use.

@cdougherty wrote:

Waddizzle, Thanks for your reply.  I have the HDMI cable attached to HDMI adapter to the laptop but camera not showing up, so I watched a Youtube where they talked about needing to download a utilities driver.  There are drivers for the XF400 listed but I don't know which one to use.

To address your original question, I am fairly confident that there will never be Webcam Utility for a professional camcorder.  The Webcam Utility allows consumer cameras, which are not normally able to produce a “Clean HDMI” output, to appear to your computer as USB webcam.

If your HDMI to USB adapter is not showing in your software, then you have an issue with the adapter, not the camera.  Perhaps you need a device driver for your USB adapter.  USB devices typically install themselves, though.  Contact the manufacturer.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Hi Waddizzle - Thanks for this info.  I think based on what you say I won't sweat trying to get the XF400 to be a webcam.  Maybe I'll try a smaller camcorder I have and if that doesn't work, I'll just use little external webcam.  Appreciate your help.

Announcements