cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon PTZ CR-N300 3rd Party Controller Issues

gabes
Apprentice

Hi,

I recently purchased a CR-N300 and I'm trying to pair it with a third party controller via visca IP, but it doesn't seem to be working.

The controller is the AVKANS Super PTZ, is able to find the camera and get the IP, but once it tries to connect to it gives an "time out" error, meaning that it couldn't establish the connection. This controller is able to detect other cameras (PTZ Optics) and control them.

Right now I'm wondering if anyone has been successful at controlling the camera via visca over IP, and with what controller. In the B&H page is mentioned that it can be done, but wondering if is true since I couldn't find anything that confirms this on the camera's manual.

3 REPLIES 3

gabrielcsng
Contributor

Hi, I too would like to know if 3rd party controllers are able to work with my N300. Thanks!

zaytechacademy
Apprentice

does anyone have a fix for this yet?

Abishiktpaul
Apprentice

If you take a look at the specs sheet of Canon cr N300, it says that other than XC protocol the camera also supports standard communication over IP. So I would suggest to go over the settings once again… On paper the camera and controller can be connected through IP.

Im using Canon cr N500. It supports VISCA protocol… And I’m able to easily connect to any 3rd party ptz controllers which is VISCA protocol compatible…

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements