cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CR-N300 Recording Video Via Remote Camera Control App

Hellobum
Apprentice

Does the Remote Camera Control Application support recording video from the cr-n300?  The option is grayed out when I try to use it.  Not sure if a setting was missed

7 REPLIES 7

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

The Remote Camera Control App should allow you to control and monitor one or more cameras on your network.  If the option is grayed out, something on your network might be blocking communication. Start with basic connectivity.  Can you ping it?  Can you log into its webserver?  

shadowsports_0-1684504516589.png

In addition to the IP interface, the CR-N300 can also connect by Wi-Fi. This allows the operator to access the camera's Settings Page from a wireless tablet device that is equipped with a supported HTTP browser. When using multiple cameras at the same time the user can set and operate the other cameras in the same way by inserting the assigned IP address of the camera in the web browser of the tablet or other device. In addition, the CR-N300 is equipped with an infrared remote controller, which is also used to controller the camera wirelessly.

Other hardware / software applications also exist. 

It has serious connectivity options and supports many controller interfaces.  Dual video streams, etc.

shadowsports_0-1684502565496.png

Canon Controller RC-IP100

shadowsports_1-1684502727409.png 

Call Canon support.  I'm sure they would be happy to help.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I can log in fine and control the camera from the software.  I can also get to the web interface to control it.  A few other options are grayed out as well.  I was just needing the option to record from the software instead of having to use rtsp or mounting it as a usb camera to record from it.    

Hello Shadowsport, thank you for your great contribution. I also have the same issue, all recording options on the remote camera controller are greyed out, and can't record anything. i've checked the proxy and it all seems fine. All the initial set up has been done as per the manual too. so can't really understand why it's not working... 

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Since I do not have a way to reproduce or see what you are working with, is there by chance something more you have to subscribe to in order to unlock additional features? 

Support is still an option also.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

AFABcamera
Apprentice

Hey! Did you ever find a fix for this? I am facing the same issue. Thanks!

I never found a solution to this. I ended up abandoning this for the project and went a different direction 

Ah bummer. I appreciate the reply, thank you very much!

Announcements