cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

yellow cast to color prints even in the border areas

lisarundell
Contributor

We have a new Pixma Pro 100 printer and have had an issue with a yellow cast being printed on color images.  It is even printing in the white borders.  The intensity of yellow has varied from so strong the image can't be used to barely noticable.  Any ideas as to what the issue is?

16 REPLIES 16

Thank you for your response. I will read through the info on my lunch hour. I have an Eizo calibrated monitor. The first few prints didn't have the yellow cast so I'm not sure what happened.

I appreciate your input.

Reguardless of the other posters comments, I suggest you give my method a try. He just wants an argument started.

It is free and if it should not work for you, you have not lost anything.  Not that it means anything but I was in the business for 40 years.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Thank you I am going to read through the images you posted.  I have an EIZO calibrated monitor, my issue is not with the monitor, it is with color management and making sure Ps is the controling factor.  So I won't need to worry about calibration.

I need to make sure that there is no other software adding it's two cents (or yellows) to my images. Thank you again for your time.

lisarundell
Contributor
Thank you for the info. The printer we have had the printer just about 6 weeks. I will contact Canon today.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Printers like the Pro100 are calibrated. Setting the monitor to the ptinter works very well. It also does not require you buy extra gadgets to accomplish.
It is shear nonsense about getting good prints from commerical printing services.
You can try either way and see which is easier.

I have done it this way for years and sold many, many prints.

EB

And could you explain how you know that everyone's printer is perfectly calibrated and worthy of being a substitution for an actual calibration device?

Perhaps you could explain why every authority in the photo world says that monitor calibration is important - but you don't.

And we should believe you?

"And we should believe you?"

I don't care one way or the other.  Do as you like.  You have my permission.

EB
Announcements