Canon Community Canon Community

VIP

Re: pixma pro 100 versus pixma ip8720

I own a Pixma Pro-100 and cannot remember if it can print on conventional paper, like 11x17 inch.  Because printing raster grapics from CAD software, like Autocad, would be serious overkill on a Pro-100, if you had to use photo paper.  Not unless you plan on printing 3D rendered images, which could be worthy of framing.

If you all you need is hard copy output for markups, then using photo paper would be overkill.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Doctor told me to get out and walk, so I bought a Canon."
New Contributor

Re: pixma pro 100 versus pixma ip8720

Can I ask what did you buy finaly?

I gone through two canon pixma printer in two years. the firs was a Pixma MG5450 which was ok for 1.5 years, then it stated to display error codes, printhead manual cleaning helped, but since few weeks no matter what I do it does not want to print and same error code comes up. B200

The second is a Pixma MG6450 which is very slow, it keeps telling me to conect to the wifi, which is already connected, does not want to print through wifi, only wired printing is available. it  feels and look very cheap.

Now I am wondering to buy something high end to assura reliabality, something would serve us for years.

I am not the one who use the printer, but my employer. he is amateur photographer and on the weekend sometimes he pring 100-200 photos. Seems these printer can not keep printing and printing for hours.

Early days we used to have Kodak ESP C315, the printing quality was not as good but reliabality was excellent, it still works.

So what is your thought about the printer you finaly purchased.

If Canon support see this tread I would be greatful if someone can help me with the error codes and some solution.