cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imagePrograf pro-300 can it use inks for Pixma Pro-10s?

piotrkkk
Apprentice

Hey there,

I bought one of the newest from Canon, imagePrograf Pro-300 and I am concerned if the printer can use the older inks made for Pixma Pro-10s? I mean - has anyone checked it for that purpose? The printer is pretty new so I don't assume that anyone had the opportunity or will to test it. I want to know becasue the difference in the price is in my area (Poland, EU) about 4-5 euros on each ink. From what I read and found on the internet, there is virtually no difference between the inks so I suppose that maybe they've changed those tiny PCB connectors for the inks not to be intechangeable?

I hope that someone will know the answer 🙂 Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Inks cannot be interchanged between the prograf 300 and pro 10

Pro 300 uses:PGI-300 

Pro 10 Uses: PGI-72

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hey, yes, I know the difference in model of the ink. But I want to know if you can, despite the Canon's claim, interchange them? The capacity is almost the same and the ink inside is almost 100% the same. So I'm looking for someone who tried to experiment with them 🙂
Announcements