cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imagePROGRAF PRO-300 with MacOS 15 Sequoia on M1 Mac

cape_ed
Contributor

I’ve been using my Pro-300 on my M1 iMac (OS14 Sonoma) for over a year with no problems. I just updated to OS15 Sequoia, and when I install the driver (via the online setup) it keeps installing the AirPrint version of the driver. There was a procedure to get around with Sonoma, but it’s not working with Sequoia. I checked the Pro-300 Firmware, and it's 2.0, the latest.

Has anyone been able to run the Pro-300 on an Apple Silicon Mac with Sequoia, and if so how do you get around the AirPrint issue?

Ed

3 REPLIES 3

patnotz
Apprentice

I have a PRO-1000 and my M1 Mac Studio wasn't able to print after updating to macos 15 / Sequoia. I tried uninstalling everything and reinstalling the drivers but the driver installation crashes during the "Add Printer" step. If I instead use the built-in driver I can add the printer but the Canon software doesn't recognize the printer. 

It's not the same problem you're seeing but there does appear to be an issue with macos 15. 

Thanks Pat. I thought I checked all my software compatibility before updating to 15, but I forgot about the Pro-300. I will contact Canon Support. If the new driver is not ready yet, maybe there is a workaround. I will post back my findings.

Ed

balingtwine
Apprentice

Yes, but with difficulty. I only received my new pro 300 printer today and I could not understand why it was installing the Airprint driver.  I finally connected the printer via USB, downloaded the printer driver and installed the driver.  Funnily, I deliberately avoided the CUPS driver version, but in the end this is the one that appeared.  I then proceeded to remove the Airprint driver, restarted the Macbook.

Nevertheless, it was all a bit of a waste of time as the driver does not work correctly when printing from Capture One.  It does work when using Canon's print layout software. 

All very annoying.  I wish Canon would advise users. 

Announcements