cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i have a ix6820

lrfowler3434
Apprentice

there are several paper type settingss....I am trying to print on a water color paper...I've noticed with different paper types - for instance - envelope versus photo glossy......the colors are way different...what is the best paper type setting?.....I'm thinking 'envelope' is good because maybe the printer thinks this is a heavier stock and the colors will be bolder....

I thought high gloss presentaion paper would be the best paper type - but the colors were way dark...

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

There are many factors which can affect color rendition.  Besides paper type you need to look at each aspect of your workflow.

The printer will try to product what you see, so proper monitor calibration (especiually gamma) is important.

If you are using multiple software applications, its possible that the image is being double processed, and colors may not be interpreted of rendered properly.

Finally, paper types matter.  You are correct, satuaration can be affected by the paper type your select as well as what you print on.  The "best' setting?  Hard to say as we can't see what you are printing.  Typically however, the selected paper type should match what you are printing to.  You wil have to experiment as their are too many variables to give a "one size" fits all answer.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements