cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

canon-pixma pro-100 issue, potentially print head alignment issue

alyssar621
Apprentice

Hello,
I am new here, and a very armature printerIMG_8082.jpegIMG_8083.jpeg. But I am posting out of desperation, because I have been scouring the web and can't seem to find a solution for my issue. 

I was wiping some of the ink up on the inside of the printer, because I was getting a black streak on the back of some of my larger sized prints. I think in doing so, I may have messed up the print head alignment or something. I say this because. I printed greeting cards Monday no issue. Then after wiping inside, I started getting this issue. I ran the automatic print head alignment and then the manual. My print nozzles are not clogged, though I did run a cleaning to make sure. So I'm not really sure what else to do. I need to print orders and I can't seem to resolve this issue.  

It doesnt matter the size or paper type, I keep getting the issue. or the software. I was previously printing from photoshop but tried just printing a google doc and same issue.

I would greatly appreciate any thoughts, help or troubleshooting. thank you. 

3 REPLIES 3

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Since you were working inside the printer I think is more likely your problem:

Canon Knowledge Base - Cleaning the encoder (timing) strip - (PRO-10 / PRO-100)

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

alyssar621
Apprentice

yes it's like you're reading my search history, I just found an article about this, and I really thought it would fix my issue. just finished cleaning the encoding strip as carefully as I could, but sadly so far it is still printing the same. wondering if maybe I accidentally scratched or damaged it when i was wiping inside.
thank you for the suggested article!

@alyssar621 wrote:

yes it's like you're reading my search history, I just found an article about this, and I really thought it would fix my issue. just finished cleaning the encoding strip as carefully as I could, but sadly so far it is still printing the same. wondering if maybe I accidentally scratched or damaged it when i was wiping inside.
thank you for the suggested article!

Possibly it is damaged. Unfortunately, I don't think repair is going to be a viable path. Printer is discontinued and the likelihood of finding a repair shop (and parts) is low. 

If you are USA based you could give Canon a call at 1-800-OK-CANON to see if they can recommend a repair place. If it's not within driving distance shipping could be expensive. I beleieve Canon does have some sort of reduced price purchase program if it can't be fixed.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements