cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

b&W Printing using profiles

stevejayd
Apprentice

I am a reasonably experienced printer and photographer. I profile paper using x-rite when no profiles are available. My question is:

What is the best way of reproducing the Monochrome image displayed on the screen? Using the icc color profile and setting the image in photoshop to B&W?

Using just the printer and tossing out any profile by setting the printer to B&W mode?

Doing a special B&W profile?

Anyone have experience with this?

Steve

4 REPLIES 4

Danny

Hi, Steve!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which Canon printer model you're using. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

I have a Canon Pro-1000 printer. I print from photoshop using the Canon Print Studio Pro module. I run windows 10 on a very fast computer I built, with a 8 GB GPU.

Steve

Hi Stevejayd.

If you're using Photoshop and are printing a non-Black and White monochrome (such as Sepia), then your best bet is going to be using one of Photoshop's filters before printing, and maintaining color profiles in Print Studio Pro.

If you're printing Black and White, with or without minor tone adjustments, you may wish to use the settings in Print Studio Pro for Black and White printing.

If you need immediate assistance with this issue, please contact us using the numbers and information at http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Is there an advantage to not use the Print studio pro option ?
I am using a special
paper which has no profile. I created a B&W profile for it using X-Rite Istudio1. I would then select the paper profile in the Pro Studio interface and print like it was in color though it is just a B&W image. (I do not use any tone in my photos)

Thanks,

Steve

Announcements