cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Professional Print and Layout - Does not work with Photoshop 2019 and Catalina

blackie36
Contributor

Every time I attempt to use the newly released Canon Professional Print & Layout plugin with my Pro1000, I am getting "An error occurred while printing.  Memory may be insufficient for printing" error.

Running OSX Catalina on iMac Pro with 64GB RAM so memory is not the issue.  Same issue with both Photoshop CC 2019 and Photoshop CC2020.

Using Print Studio Professional (predecessor to Professional Print & Layout), I can print, but regardless of paper type selected, the printer cannont be changed to take paper via the manual feed.  Regardless of paper type selected, tray selected, everything is printed from the top tray (even 1200mm panoramas on baryta paper!).

Any ideas?

6 REPLIES 6

fbuitrag
Contributor

I am not a mac user but just throwing a couple of ideas. is there a way for you to monitor the memosy usage in real time in Mac ? if so you might want to check if there is a memory issue and what program is consuming it

Also in photoshop there is a setting where you can tell PS how much memory to use. Maybe you need to increase it ? 

Good luck, 

Thanks - I do know that it is definitely not a memory issue.  Mac OS does a very good job of managing memory and it is a very capable machine that is running on.  The older versions of Print Studio Pro worked without ever throwing an error - this looks to be more of a Catalina / Canon issue.

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Try installing the latest CUPS printer driver and Profressional Print and Layout versions that are on our website.  These have been recently updated for OS Catalina.  Visit the following link to access the latest downloads.

imagePROGRAF PRO-1000 Drivers & Downloads 

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

blackie36
Contributor
Thanks,

I’m seeing this problem using a clean install of Catalina and Photoshop with the latest CUPS printer driver and software downloaded from your website.

Wondering if this is just me or a broader issue - I have used the exact same spec machine and image to print the exact same photo with earlier versions of the driver / software.

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

There may be permission issues of some sort on the Mac that are causing the error.  Try creating a new or a different user account to narrow down the cause of the issue.  If the error persists, please consider contacting Apple to determine why this error is occuring

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

My Print and Layout works, but Print Stuio Pro crashes with a similar error. Try this method here, it worked for me for PSP: https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Professional-Photo-Printers/Print-Studio-crashing-from-Photoshop-...

I find it strange what the product expert is suggesting here while there is no working version of PSP for Catalina available on Canon website...

Announcements