cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro-2000 Fine art paper settings

Manoa
Apprentice

I am using some 3rd party fine art papers in my new Pro-2000 and plan on trying out a few others. The paper menu on the printer contains a long list of paper options like

HW Fine Art

EX HW Fine Art

Fine Art Txtr

High Density Art

Fine Art Smooth

Where can I locate a master list that ties specific papers to those broad categories? I am using Epson Cold Press Natural, for example. Is that heavyweight fine art or at 340 GSM is it "EX HW Fine Art" or perhaps "Fine Art Smooth?" Is Epson Hot Press Natural considered "Fine Art Txtr?"

I sometimes use Arches Aquarelle. Not Cranson. Uncoated Arches watercolor paper from Dick Blick. Does the designation "Fine Art" imply a coated paper and should I be using one of the plain paper settings such as Premium Plain Ppr 80?

And what are some examples of High Density Art?

One could do a great deal of trial and error and use up a great deal of paper trying to pin down the best setting for each paper. I am hoping that Canon or somebody else had already done this.

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

AmandaC
Contributor

@Manoa wrote:

I am using some 3rd party fine art papers in my new Pro-2000 and plan on trying out a few others. The paper menu on the printer contains a long list of paper options like

HW Fine Art

EX HW Fine Art

Fine Art Txtr

High Density Art

Fine Art Smooth

Where can I locate a master list that ties specific papers to those broad categories? I am using Epson Cold Press Natural, for example. Is that heavyweight fine art or at 340 GSM is it "EX HW Fine Art" or perhaps "Fine Art Smooth?" Is Epson Hot Press Natural considered "Fine Art Txtr?"

I sometimes use Arches Aquarelle. Not Cranson. Uncoated Arches watercolor paper from **bleep** Blick. Does the usps tracking designation "Fine Art" imply a coated paper and should I be using one of the plain paper settings such as Premium Plain Ppr 80?

And what are some examples of High Density Art?

One could do a great deal of trial and error and use up a great deal of paper trying to pin down the best setting for each paper. I am hoping that Canon or somebody else had already done this.

Thanks!

I also need the answers. 

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Amanda

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements