Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro 1000 printing marks and paper feed error

slayprints
Apprentice

Hi,

Hoping someone can help with this.

Recently bought a PRO 1000 and after two prints it started printing these black marks about 1cm from the top of the page. I tried the roller cleans and print head cleans and it didn't work. The company that I purchased it from sent a replacement print head as said that it was most likely that but it didn't fix it. 

They declared it DOA and replaced it and the 2nd printer did the same thing. Also it kept saying that there was no paper in the top and rear feed when there was. We tried 4 different types of paper and adjusted the custom settings so that it was the correct paper weight and type but it still didn't work so the company returned it.

We then purchased a 3rd model from a different company and the exact same issue is happening. We've been in touch with CANON support UK who are no help whatsoever and don't seem to have a clue what the issue is.

Does anyone have any ideas?

CANON1.jpgCANON1.jpgIMG_0424.jpgIMG_0425.jpg

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Suggest you try a bottom plate cleaning.

https://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/Manual/All/PRO-1000%20series/EN/BG/bg-052.html

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hi,

We've tried that but it won't accept the paper as keeps saying that there is no paper in the feed...

Greetings,

Since the printer is new, you should contact Canon if you are unable to complete the maintenance task.

1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666)

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hi,

As I have already mentioned, I have contacted CANON and have already had one of the devices swapped out. 

We've fixed the paper issue now so can complete bottom plate cleans, roller cleans etc but ut us still printing black marks on every print. In A4, A3 borderless and non borderless from the top and rear feed. 

This is now the 3rd printer to do this so there is clearly something really wrong here. Canon support were unable to diagnose the fault remotely

Announcements