cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro 100 won't print 13 x 19

JeffCM
Apprentice

Hello,

My Canon Pixma Pro 100 prints smaller photos just fine up to 11 x 17.

I'm using Mac OS Mojave 10.14.5. Printing from Photoshop CS 6. 

I don't see a choice for 13 x 19 in the dialog. Following some bits of online advice....

I've reinstalled the latest driver. (Which does not list Mojave in supported systems)

I tried choosing A3 borderless from the size options. I don't see A+.  

I selected "feed from rear tray"

Also tried selecting manual tray

I'm trying to print on glossy photo paper at the moment.

Both "rear tray" and "manual tray" prompted the printer to pull the paper in, but no print! Got about 8 flashes of the yellow light and paper ejected blank.

Any other clues??

2 REPLIES 2

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

When you installed the printer on your Mac did you be sure to wait for the IJ Series version to appear? The first version of the printer that appears is usually the AirPrint version. You don't want that - it is not a Canon driver but a simplified Apple driver.

The Canon site has the latest driver that supports Catalina and earlier macOS.

Support | Professional Inkjet Printers | PIXMA PRO-100 | Canon USA 2019-10-17 06-43-08.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

When I searched again for Canon drivers, it brought me to the same outdated driver I've already installed.

When I searched for the exact printer driver that you mention, the first result was canoncanada and that was up to date, including support for Catalina as well as Mojave.

Installation was successful. When I got the new driver in place, I was in fact, able to choose 13 x 19 and I now have many more options for paper and print quality. Most important, the 12 x 18 photo actually printed!  Hooray!!

So thank you very much for the help!

Jeff

Announcements