cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro 100 printing

Stuart
Apprentice

I replaced a HP Photosmart B8550 with a Pro-100 recently.  In printing images both that I printed previously on the HP and some I have only printed on the Canon Pro-100 I am having frustrating results.  I am getting darker prints and less intensity of color from the Canon. My paper is Canon Paper Plus Semi-Gloss. I end up having to adjust the brightness and saturation using Photoshop Elements 10. Otherwise this is an excellent printer

2 REPLIES 2

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Stuart.

Additional troubleshooting will have to be done to narrow down the cause of the issue that you described.  Please contact our support group using the link below for additional assistance.

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/standard_display/contact_us_consumer

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

I am very confident in saying your Canon Pixma Pro-100 will never print the same as your HP did.

There are just two different design philosophies between the two companies involved here. I use both HP's a Canon printers.

I prefer the Canon's over HP's (right now!)

First and foremost your monitor must show you what you are printing. If it doesn't than you may as well take up fishing instead.

Confirm this before we go any farther. If you set your gamma and grayscale correctly that may be all you need do.

Windows has a built in calibration feature and you can make use of it. I don't know if MAC OS has that but in either case it must be done.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements