cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro-100: Some colors do not match monitor; some do

rwpatton
Apprentice

New to forum but have reviewed all questions that I can see for 2014 and do not see an answer. I am using Photoshop Lightroom and CS6 and the Pro-100 printer. Monitor is an NEC P221W, calibrated using SpectraSensor Pro. Printing with Canon CLI-42 ink on Canon Photo Paper Plus Glossy II. I have installed the latest XPS printer driver and am confident that I am using the printer with the proper driver. Here's the problem: I cannot get bright blues and greens to print with the same level of intensity that I see on the monitor. As a test, I printed some other photos that consist primarily of portraits, and skin tones and general color are superb. Only my effort to print a photo consisting of green leaves and bright blue flowers with the saturated color of the flowers popping off the paper does not seem to work.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

You are going to need to over saturate the colors you want to exceed the rest of the colors in the photo.

Over the years I have found out a few things that seem imposswible whrn prinitng.  This was true in my darkroom as well as printing digital.

One, it is impossibile to get all the colors to match a monitor.  You can get several to match but not all of them.

Two, the most important adjustments of your monitor is gray-scale, contrast and brightness.

Three, Canon professional photo printers have a tendacy towards a reddish (warm tone) bias.  It is built in.  This is going to make over saturated greens more difficult.

Remember you are looking at and comparing light on a screen to pigmented ink on paper.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

You are going to need to over saturate the colors you want to exceed the rest of the colors in the photo.

Over the years I have found out a few things that seem imposswible whrn prinitng.  This was true in my darkroom as well as printing digital.

One, it is impossibile to get all the colors to match a monitor.  You can get several to match but not all of them.

Two, the most important adjustments of your monitor is gray-scale, contrast and brightness.

Three, Canon professional photo printers have a tendacy towards a reddish (warm tone) bias.  It is built in.  This is going to make over saturated greens more difficult.

Remember you are looking at and comparing light on a screen to pigmented ink on paper.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Thanks very much. 

Announcements