cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma Pro-100 re-install

pah512
Contributor

I'm having bizarre color rendering issues with my printer. Printing from Photoshop CS 5 and using Canon photo paper, correct ICC profiles, latest driver, and following Canon's own procedures for Photoshop CS 5. I understand Canon Pro printers are on the warm side, but sky blues are far too purple, darker colors much too deep, and water reflections terribly exaggerated. I have run small sample prints with almost every setting combination I can think of, and I'm tired of wasting so much ink!

I would like to go back to square one by reinstalling this printer, but I have a problem here: I'm running Mac OS 10.9.2 and the only reference to the Pro-100 is within Canon Utilities. I remember back in the day when uninstalling and re-installing was a very methodical process. What do you recommend? Many thanks in advance. Pete Hendricks

2 REPLIES 2

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Before you do, do you have CS5 doing the color and the color turned off in the printer?  If not do this first.

I am not a Mac user but I bet it is a good idea to completely remove the old installation before attempting to reinstall it.

In Win 8 there is software to do this for you.  If you do not remove every bit of the old driver the new will be the same.  

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Thanks for the tip, but, yes, PS has always managed the color. I know that lots of programs include an uninstaller, but Canon's not one of them! Thanks again.

Announcements